Hall of Fame Criteria
The Nolan Catholic High School Hall of Fame is sponsored by the NCHS Alumni Association.
The Nolan Catholic High School Hall of Fame sponsored by the Nolan Catholic Alumni Association is intended to specially recognize members of the Nolan Catholic family for their outstanding life achievements in exemplifying the school motto, “to be a leader,” and its highest Marianist traditions.
Those eligible for nomination and election to the Hall of Fame include:
- All Nolan Catholic alumni, including all graduates of Nolan Catholic’s predecessor, as named, Our Lady of Victory High School;
- Any former student who attended Nolan Catholic for at least two years and distinguished himself or herself to be worthy of consideration;
- All past and present faculty, administration personnel, and employees of Nolan Catholic;
- All parents of Nolan Catholic alumni or current students; and
- All Nolan Catholic –affiliated organizations, teams, groups, and clubs.
- All worthy benefactors of time, talent, and treasure to Nolan Catholic.
Those nominated for election to the Hall of Fame should distinguish themselves with respect to one or more of the following:
- Educational honors or achievements;
- Sports accomplishments achieved after attending Nolan Catholic;
- Fine arts accomplishments achieved after attending Nolan Catholic;
- Professional honors or achievements;
- Civic, governmental or community honors or achievements;
- Religious honors or achievements; and
- Service to and dedication of time, talent, and treasure to Nolan Catholic.
These criteria are non-exclusive. Additional criteria may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Hall of Fame Committee
- The Hall of Fame Committee consists of seven persons: a chairperson appointed by the Alumni Association Board (AAB); four people appointed by the AAB for two year terms each; two people appointed by the administration for one year terms each.
- Hall of Fame Committee member shall be eligible to nominate a person(s)and/or entity(ies) or provide a letter of support for a person(s) or entity(ies).
- Nominations are made annually on a schedule to be established by the Hall of Fame Committee.
- Nominees may be solicited through any means affiliated with Nolan Catholic, including but not limited to The Shield, Nolan Catholic e-news, direct mailing, and e-mail.
- All nominations will be presented to the president and administration of the school prior to any discernment, or if practicable, prior to formal presentation to the Hall of Fame Committee for election.
- All nominations shall be directed to the Hall of Fame Committee, either directly or through the Nolan Catholic Alumni Association or through the Alumni Relations Coordinator.
- All nominations shall be in writing and shall be accompanied by at least three letters of support.
- Nominations may be made posthumously.
- If a nominee is not elected to the Hall of Fame for a particular year, that nominee may be considered for up to two additional years so long as at least three additional letters of support are submitted for each additional year of consideration.
- The nominations and nominee identities shall be held in confidence by the Hall of Fame Committee.
Election and Induction
- No more than three persons or single entities may be elected to the Hall of Fame for a given year. A “Young Alumni Award” may be given to one individual in addition to each year’s four or less inductees. This award would be given to an alumnus/a who has graduated in the last 10 years and has accomplished something outstanding in that short period of time.
- The president and principal of Nolan Catholic reserve the right to veto any election to the Hall of Fame.
- All persons or entities elected to the Hall of Fame shall be notified before the annual induction.
- The annual induction shall occur at an appropriate event to be determined by the Hall of Fame Committee in coordination with administration of Nolan Catholic.
- Persons or entities elected to the Hall of Fame shall be presented with an appropriate recognition at the annual induction.
- Inductees to the Hall of Fame shall be publicly and appropriately recognized by Nolan Catholic High School.
- To the extent an issue is not fully addressed above, the Hall of Fame Committee shall have the power to undertake all reasonable actions to effect the foregoing purpose and guidelines within the guidelines and jurisdiction of Nolan Catholic High School and its administration.
Version dated 7/27/2017