Band and Orchestra
Award Winning Viking Band Program
The award winning Nolan Catholic High School Viking Band offers a variety of activities throughout the year. In addition to music learning and performance, band membership provides opportunities for personal growth through student-directed leadership. The students work hard and take pride in their many accomplishments, supported by the Band Booster parent organization.
Band Performing Groups:
- Wind Ensemble (for class credit) – Placement is based on audition. Wind Ensemble students are expected to participate in the Marching Band. Fine arts credit may be earned. P.E. credit maybe earned on completion of marching season.
- String Orchestra (for class credit) – Instrumentation for the string orchestra are violin, viola, cello and double bass. Piano students may enroll based on audition and approval from band director. Fine arts credit may be earned.
- Beginning Band (for class credit) – For students with limited or no experience playing a band instruments. Instruments available are flue, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, trumpet, french horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba and percussion.
- Beginning Orchestra Strings (for class credit) – For students with limited or no experience playing an orchestral instrument. Instruments available are violin, viola, cello and double bass.
- Jazz Band (non-credit class) – Learn different genres and styles of jazz music. Audition to participate is required.
- Color Guard – Participation is open to anyone and do not have to be enrolled in a band class. Auditions is required before placement in the color guard.
Band Booster Club
To donate to the Band Booster, please visit this link.