Dean of Students
The goal of the Dean’s Office is to uphold the rules and regulations as written in the student handbook and agreed upon by students and parents with the signing of the covenant agreement. We will do so thoroughly, consistently, and with respect.
It is the responsibility of this office to support the development of our students’ character by aiding them in their efforts to be good citizens of our campus. Ensuring that students are compliant with the rules of our school strengthens our community by fostering a sense of justice and fairness and by maximizing a student’s opportunity to learn in the classroom. When necessary, the Dean’s Office will address inappropriate student behavior hoping to communicate two points: all of our behaviors have consequences and any mistakes we make are opportunities for learning.
With the aid of the faculty, staff, and administration, the Dean’s Office will work to encourage the best qualities from our students, whether we are guests at other communities or hosts on our own beloved grounds.
If your student will be absent for any reason: Please call the main office at 817-457-2920 and notify us of their absence or email your notice to email@example.com. If sending an email you will likely be called to confirm the absence .
If your student is arriving to school late for any reason: The student must check in with the front office when they arrive on campus. The student will then be issued a pass to class. If the student is coming from a doctor, dental, or DMV appointment they should bring a note from that office so the student’s late arrival is excused.
If a student needs to leave school early for any reason: Please send a written note or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) first thing in the morning notifying us that the student will be leaving early. We will then issue an Early Dismissal slip to get the student out of class at the appropriate time. The student must check out with the front office before leaving campus. PLEASE DO NOT:
- Arrange to pick up your student directly with them only and without going through the front office.
- Drop off any items (including lunches) directly to your student. All items must go through the front office.
- Allow your student to leave campus without first notifying us. Please remind your student he/she MUST check out through the front office.
Students may serve a detention at any of the following days and times:
- Monday: 6:45-7:30 am in A22 or 3:10-3:55 pm in C16
- Tuesday: 3:10-3:55 pm in C17
- Wednesday: 6:45-7:30 am in A22 – No Wednesday Afternoon Detention
- Thursday: 3:10-3:55 pm in C16
- Friday: 3:10-3:55 pm in C17